The US Forest Service (USFS) is accepting applications for the following grants:
Click on each grant to see its fact sheet (matching fund requirements are highlighted).
- DEC 1, 2023 Wood Products Infrastructure Assistance (WPIA) Grant
- DEC 15, 2023 Wood Innovations Grant
- DEC 15, 2023 Community Wood Grant
- DEC 31, 2023 Temporary Bridge Funding (No Match Funding Required)
Find the applications for all USFS grants here. Contact @Priscilla – FS Morris firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Other Funding Opportunities
- USDA Rural Development has a rolling application for their Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) with December 31, 2023 deadline for the next round. Eligible applicants must be an agricultural producer, village corporation, or a rural small business (including 501(c)12 Cooperatives). The USDA Rural Development is specifically aiming to widen the outreach of their REAP funding to rural villages.
- Please contact the Alaska State Energy coordinator, @Dan Smith to discuss a potential application or a project idea. He can also recommend you other grants from USDA Rural Development that is suitable for your project.
- The Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Indian Energy has many funding open funding opportunities. Click HERE to Download DOE funding opportunities.
If you are seeking technical or any other support for your biomass project (which will strengthen your grant application). please contact @Angie Mendbayar (907) 322-3251 and/or @Karen Petersen (907) 401-3234.
Many new funding opportunities are opening for wood energy and wood products development! Please email Angie Mendbayar at Angie@seconference.org to get on the funding notification email list